Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Snow Cloud Siamese?







With my very first litter of Si-Rex hybrid kittens (straight hair) came 2 surprises! The only male and one female started developing a marbled pattern in their coat at 3 weeks old, and it has only become more defined since then. With rushed research online for similar patterns the ONLY other breeds I've been able to find it in is the Bengal and the Australian Mist cats, however, their patterns still differ from my kittens, where-as the Mist and the Bengals have lynx points, my kittens have solid points. Other differences, if there are any, have yet to be noted, but I am in awe of these kittens...I can only describe it as cool!
I am wondering if these kittens are a new mutation? I have seen all 4 of their grandparents, their uncles and aunts and other relatives and not a single pattern was seen in any of them, not even lynx points, all were solid, normal colored cats. For those of you reading, if you know of any snow marbled cats with solid points, or any siamese cats...without any ancestry of Bengals or Mist cats...that have produced patterned coated kittens, please let me know!
I have previously stated my intentions for my breeding program, and sadly I just don't find room for doing another breed at this time, however I honestly think that these kittens are a very good opportunity to create a new breed or variety. I'm rather fond of the name "Snow Cloud Siamese" but if someone wishes to work on this as a new breed themselves they can have full naming rights. Since I plan re-breedings between Avon and Stetson hopefully the chances for more "snow cloud" kittens are very good. Please contact me if you are interested in these kittens or future kittens and whether you might be interested in developing a new breed/variety.

No comments: